Tuesday, February 9, 2010

third time's a charm

So... I haven't posted anything in a while.
Lately I've been busy, I guess. I get home from school, eat, head off to kickboxing [something about those huge red bags remind me so badly of my ex , I just can't help but sink my foot into it. I think it might be because they're bigger than I am.], shower, run off to the office I work at, get home around 10.30 or so and finish as much work as I can pin my eyes open to see before crawling to bed. I'm the kind of person that needs oh, about 30 hours of sleep? I can never get enough of lazing around in bed, and it's sufficient to say I haven't gotten enough sleep lately.

On the weekends, when school isn't sapping the life out of me, I'm baking or cooking or making some sort of thing to gobble up. I've turned into some sort of Susie Homemaker, and I honestly love it. There's something so satisfying about making every little thing from scratch, I'm addicted. I've slowly been spiralling out of control, about every minute I'm thinking "ah, what should I make for lunch? Maybe I'll make something sweet today."

When I'm stressed or upset, I cook/bake. Today I made cheesy biscuits and the ganache for truffles. Speaking of which, I don't think it's even set yet, after ... 5 hours? hahaha. i miiiight have added too much vanilla extract. It tastes delicious though, and if it hasn't set by tomorrow, I'm making cupcakes instead and using the ganache as a frosting. Mini cupcakes, of course, to fit into the obscenely small muffin tin I bought recently. The truffles are a present for my best friend's mother, it was her birthday recently. She's such a sweet woman, and there are times I feel like she just doesn't get pampered like she should. I think after you have kids, you kinda stop caring about taking care of yourself so much. I guess it's kinda 'cause you don't really have a choice. What a sad thought.

Before I pass out, I think I'm going to crawl into bed and snooze my life away <3
[I don't understand you crazies who say sleep is a waste of time. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment